We are a diverse and welcoming group of people who share a common desire to nurture our spiritual lives and support each other. We welcome and encourage all who wish to participate and have initiatives for the following groups:
Greenwich Reform Synagogue is a tapestry woven together by its diverse community of members of different backgrounds and orientations. As many of our members are in interfaith marriages, we appreciate our partners who encourage and enable us to continue our Jewish traditions and values. The GRS Outreach Committee, reflecting the core values of our congregation, provides a variety of initiatives to make certain members of other faiths feel welcome, valued, and welcomed in our congregation.
The GRS community is dedicated to Tikkun Olam, partnering to repair the world. We coordinate a range of activities including:
- Food drives
- Volunteering to aid soup kitchens
- Holiday gift drives for underprivileged children
- Relief efforts for an orphanage in Israel
- Nursing home events to entertain the elderly
If you have a passion to help others, join or lead one of our social action initiatives. Here are a few examples:
- Inspirica, Stamford: GRS volunteers donate food and serve dinner each month at St. Luke’s LifeWorks. If you want to volunteer or donate, please contact Shelly Kaplan at 203-661-5422 or email@example.com
- Neighbor to Neighbor, Greenwich: A food drive is held each year at Yom Kippur and, assisted by GRYSTY, the youth group, the congregation helps to fill a van with food for the hungry.
- MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger: GRS supports MAZON, a highly rated national nonprofit organization dedicated to preventing and alleviating hunger among people of all faiths and backgrounds.
The GRS Caring Community provides assistance to temple members in times of need and celebrates with them in times of joy. If you know of an ill or hospitalized member, please contact the office at (203) 629-0018. We encourage the participation of volunteers to keep in touch with our members through telephone calls, visits, by sending cards, etc. To join this committee, please contact Denise at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Music is a vital part of our congregational life, and we welcome everyone to participate. Cantor Lipton elevates our prayers and spirits with her beautiful voice, taking special care to teach us how to join her in song. Anyone who loves to sing can join our Junior or Senior Choirs, while those who prefer musical instruments are welcome to participate in the GRS House Band.
Sisterhood/Brotherhood/Book & Film nights
- Sisterhood: Our vibrant women’s group organizes a variety of activities throughout the year, including social action projects, Knit & Knosh get-togethers (knitting not required), museum days, and other fun activities.
- Brotherhood: A variety of fun events occur throughout the year; recent activities have included a beer tasting night, a minor league baseball game, a Brazilian Steak Night, and an opera night, in addition to efforts to help those in need in our community and beyond.
- GRS Book Group: Regularly meets to discuss books of varied interest, including such recent titles as The Book Thief, Have a Little Faith, The Finkler Question, and others.
- Film nights: C.classic and contemporary American and international films are shown periodically following Friday night services.
Our members contribute to the GRS community in many ways. We are blessed with dedicated volunteers who graciously give of their talents and time to enhance our congregational lives and those of our community. Join us. It’s rewarding and enjoyable and provides a wonderful opportunity to develop friendships with other congregants. Please contact the GRS office for details.
For information about all of our tzedakah opportunities, including the Annual Circle of Giving and all of our funds, please visit our Giving page or email us at email@example.com.
- December 15, 2013 9:00 amReligious School Breakfast
- December 15, 2013 9:30 amReligious School
- December 15, 2013 9:30 amHebrew 102/Torah Study with Rabbi Rothman
- December 17, 2013 7:00 pmChoir Rehearsal
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011